Wednesday 17 February 2016

Deuteronomy 5:6-11

Father I confess that there are many gods that compete for the love of my heart.

Forgive me
  • For worshiping my comforts and possessions
  • For worshiping great human beings
  • For worshiping myself, my feelings and my desires
  • For worshiping my loved ones and family
  • For worshiping my status and approval

Father you are a God who loves even to a thousand generations;
Yet you are jealous for your honour and glory.

Forgive us for bringing you down and making you small.
Forgive us for trying to contain you in an image or an object.

Give us knowledge of your greatness, your power and your majesty.

Forgive our words which mirror our hearts. Forgive us for the times when we have dishonoured your name.

We pray 
Hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment